Live your life with an appreciation of coincidences and you connect with the field of infinite possibilities. Chopra.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

A busy weekend, two photos and an update!


It's been a very busy weekend and i'm feeling it tonight, my bed is going to feel wonderful and I think this will be one of those nights I wake up in the exact same position I fell asleep in.   We started off yesterday with a hike at our favourite local hilly park.  The boys were going out with their dad so it was just Sadie and I along with the regulars.  It was snowing through the entire hike but it wasn't that cold and we had a blast.  I did shoot a few photos but since I was trying not to get the camera wet most of the time I shot from my hip, just aiming in the right direction.  My favourite shot is this one of Sadie girl, flying through the bushes at top speed.  She has so much fun on these hikes but spends the next day or two in recovery mode.   She's pretty much a senior citizen these days as she approaches 10 so I don't blame her one bit.

The second photo was taken down at the marsh near my house on a run this morning with my old (old meaning i've known him since we were 13) friend Colin.  The marsh is about the halfway point in a 7k run if we start from my front door and we always stop to take a breath on a little boardwalk overlooking it before heading up the long hill to start our way back to my house.

This afternoon the boys and I headed to the town my sister lives in to check out some model homes.  We had gone to look last year at the same development but the builder had some new models on display.  Josh drove part of the way home but didn't want to go on a fairly busy road so we stopped halfway to switch and let me drive.  He's doing really well and gaining confidence every time he drives.  I had to laugh tonight as he actually turned down the opportunity to drive to the grocery store.

Now for the update, we finally have an arrival date for our new little girl.  I don't want to be specific but she'll get her some time the week after this one and we can't wait!  I'll post photos as soon as I can.  At this point it looks like there will be quite a few people at the airport when she arrives, including Fred, her hero, the man that saved her life.  I'm hoping his wife will also come as i've really enjoyed chatting with her a few times over the last couple of weeks.

That's all for now.... time for some homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and a big glass of milk before bed:).

No comments:

Post a Comment