Live your life with an appreciation of coincidences and you connect with the field of infinite possibilities. Chopra.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

This and that...

...so many little things to share today.

A. got the long awaited laptop from school this week.  He was given guidelines not to download anything or use it for personal use as it was for school work only.  He was a bit upset about this as he had a program he loved on this old desktop at school and was really looking forward to being able to have fun with it at home.  One teacher told him it was a great project for him, so I let him download it and he agreed not to be upset if he had to delete it.

A. also finally got a Facebook account with some pretty strict guidelines and of course all email alerts connected to his account come to me.  He has really been enjoying "chatting" with his aunt and his Nana.  Obviously he uses Facebook on my computer, remember the no personal use rule on his laptop, and at one point I was on facebook on my phone, chatting with him 3 feet away on the computer, funny.  He was quite upset with me yesterday for not logging him in before I went to bootcamp and posted about it on his wall...which as you can imagine led to a little conversation about what was appropriate and what wasn't.

Josh is on exams this week which means he has a lot of time off while writing them and then about a week off after his last one tomorrow.  We've used this time to do a few things that we knew would take a lot of time.  Yesterday he went for his G1 license and passed on the first try.  He wanted to drive so badly so I let him drive home from the testing centre.  He did a great job and honestly is already probably better at parking than most people.  He is the kid that NEVER crashed his ride on toys into anything and has never fallen off a bike or even bled.

Today we went to get his health card renewed and we both finally went to get our passports, funny since we actually took the pictures for them last September.  It was surprisingly a very quick process, contraty to what I have experienced other times I've been to those offices.  I have no idea if they have simply streamlined the process or if it has something to do with how many people are sick right now and how many other people are avoiding public areas.

We still don't have a definite travel date for Alice (sela) the miracle pup.  You know I'll be posting about it the minute I do.  Her hero Fred posted a new photo with a note and also a video of her doing what we used to call "puppy burn" with Ben and Sadie.  Anyone that has ever had a puppy will know exactly what I'm talking about.  We are going to have so much fun with her!

That's it for today!  I'll be back tomorrow with some pics to share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment