Live your life with an appreciation of coincidences and you connect with the field of infinite possibilities. Chopra.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday already?

Hard to believe but it has to be true because that's what the calender says!  I have some really exciting news to share with everyone, everyone that hasn't read this on facebook already anyways:).

I'm not sure if I ever mentioned it here but for the last few months or so I've been seriously considering adding another dog to our family.  Oh, of course I love little miss cranky pants Sadie girl and everything, how could I not?  Sadie has gotten older however (approaching 10) and while she can still run with the best of them, she likes her quiet time at home. Although she can often be found close enough to my feet to enjoy a quick rub while i'm on the computer or watching tv, she can be a bit miserable if anyone gets too much into her face.

As you've seen here, I have been doing a lot of hiking with a wide mixture of dog breeds and as you know I just love Louie, my friend Dana's dog who runs with us.  Louie is a rescue from Hurricane Ike and has that rescue dog mentality that shows he knows he's been given a second chance. 

I hadn't actually gone out looking for another dog because the timing isn't quite right and Josh, my 16 yo who isn't the world's biggest animal lover, was really hoping we'd wait until Sadie passed on before we added another.  Then I read about Alice, beautiful Alice, a pup on the other side of the world, who was looking for a family in Canada to love her.

Alice has quite a story to tell and I'll do a whole post about her but for now let me just say we are all thrilled to bits about her upcoming arrival from Afghanistan.  She already has a sister here and there are several other dogs who were rescued by the same man.  I've heard so many wonderful things about how gentle they all are and how quiet they are.  Makes complete sense since they were used to keeping their heads down.

Anyways, we don't know exactly when she'll be coming yet but hopefully within a couple of weeks.  We can't wait to meet her!

Until then a couple more pics from our hike on Sunday and one pic  of our new baby and the man who saved her to tide you over until she arrives.

First, this is Alice!  In the arms of her hero, Fred Armitage.  Isn't she beautiful?!?!?



Sadie girl is looking to make sure I didn't get lost:).


 Bailey above... and last but not least, a snail in the snow.
That's all for today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment