Live your life with an appreciation of coincidences and you connect with the field of infinite possibilities. Chopra.

Monday, August 2, 2010

It's only fair...


....that I warn you now.  As you know I like to run and tend to talk about it quite often here.  The other day when I was out for a run with one of my running partners Dana, she asked if I was interested in doing a half marathon.  Of course I was!  I found a local one being held on November 7th and after discussing it with Dana we decided that was the one.  

Dana has run her fair share of longer races including several halfs and the Around the Bay race (around 40k) twice also so it isn't that big of a deal for her but I'm really excited about it.  I had hoped to run the "Bay" this spring but had no one to train with and as most of you know I am not a big fan of running outside on my own so that didn't happen. 

We have 14 weeks until race day and as we quite often do between 7 and 9k on a Saturday anyways, we have a pretty good head start on the training.  The plan is to continue our weekday runs separately and get together to do our long training runs on the weekend.  I usually run with my friend Colin twice a week and over the summer Dana and I have been getting together on Wednesdays also.  

I can't even begin to tell you how excited about this I am.  I ran a 5k with Janet about 6 weeks after I first started running last summer but haven't done any races since then.  I love to run for the joy of running and don't need to compete, but the whole community atmosphere of a race can't be beat.  It should be a lot of fun. 

Yesteday Colin and I ran a "bonus" run since he hadn't played his usual soccer game that day and I didn't have boot camp today due to the holiday.  He met me here and we ran on a trail very close to my house that took us to the RBG Arboretum, where he'ld never been.  I took him down to the water to show him the views and took the photo above with my phone. 

I promise to blog about other things on a regular basis, but forgive me if I slip in a few running related posts here and there :).

No comments:

Post a Comment