Live your life with an appreciation of coincidences and you connect with the field of infinite possibilities. Chopra.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

That's better!






After last week's health issues and everything else, I was determined to make this one enjoyable, both for me and more importantly the kids.  With summer quickly winding down we are trying to fit in as much fun as we can.

Yesterday we headed to Turkey Point with my friend Janet and her girls and after a bit of a chilly start the sun came out and we had a fantastic day.  The kids spent most of the day in the water and Janet and I even went in.  Honestly, in all the years I've been going to Turkey Point, that is the first time I have ever gone out far enough to get completely wet.  I blame it on peer pressure!

We took a picnic lunch and even though he asked for it, I have to admit I was a little surprised when my 11 yo very picky eater polished off the turkey sandwich on a kaiser bun.  This makes me hopeful that he might actually eat something at school this year.  

Even with suntan lotion we all left with glowing cheeks and by the time we hit Boston Pizza on the way home, the weather had gotten a bit cooler and we were all freezing.  I tried the Crispy Chicken Pecan Salad and loved it.  A. had his usual order of fries and Josh went all out with the cheesy toast AND a cheese pizza.  Funny kid.

Of course I took my camera and got some great photos.  I only posted a couple of my faves, look for a few more on a scrapbook page or two, coming soon, I promise!


No comments:

Post a Comment