Live your life with an appreciation of coincidences and you connect with the field of infinite possibilities. Chopra.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

The very last post about my surgery, with pictures... you've been warned.


First of all forgive the quality of the photos, they were taken with my phone.   The before shot was taken in the week before my surgery, the after shot was taken two weeks post surgery.   As you can see the scars are going to be pretty small.  I would imagine the worst will be the one at the top but the biggest change is actually my belly button.  I used to have an innie but since they actually remove your gall bladder through the belly button, it looks completely different.  That might change once the stitches are completely gone, I'm not really sure.  I will probably ask my surgeon at my post op visit.. if I remember, it really isn't that big of a deal.

The only other thing I want to say, again, is this is really not a surgery that you need to worry about.  I can honestly say I didn't have any pain afterwards and other than the couple of days it took to sleep of the anesthetic and the 30 day ban from lifting heavy things or doing any ab work, which is the hardest thing for me, it was pretty easy.  It did take me quite a while to regain my appetite and if I'm on my feet a lot, like a few hours shopping, I get a bit tired.. but that could be related to the eating also.  

If this post stops even one person from worrying or helps someone make the decision to get theirs out if they have been putting it off, it's worth it.  Trust me, once it's out, you'll wonder what took you so long and what you were worried about!

No comments:

Post a Comment