Live your life with an appreciation of coincidences and you connect with the field of infinite possibilities. Chopra.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

1/1/2011



My 16 year old told me last night that he hates New Years Eve but as soon as the clock strikes midnight he immediately feels much better. He said it was like the slate was wiped clean and he had a nice fresh start. I think we all know what he means.

The boys and I stayed up well past midnight and as a result I had two mildly grumpy kiddoes this morning...I'm using the term morning loosely as neither one of them was up before 11. That's okay though, that meant there was enough time for my overnight cinnamon buns to do their final rise before Josh got up and started asking when they would be ready.

The top photo is the one I chose to use as the first photo of my Project 365. The boys and I have had a tradition of taking a photo of our feet in front of the ball dropping for many of the past eight or so years. Josh insisted he wasn't taking part this year and I wasn't going to fight about it so this year it is just Alec on the right and me on the left. The bottom photo is the cinnamon buns fresh from the oven before I iced them.

I am not one to worry about New Year's Resolutions as like most people I've set them over the years and by the end of the first week of January I had broken most of them. One thing I am aiming for this year is to reduce my dependency on packaged products to even less than it is now. Josh and I enjoy our every other week Saturday morning cinnamon bun tradition but we both thought these homemade ones were far better than the packaged ones we buy and not only do they contain less of the things I am trying to avoid but it was much cheaper to make them and I have another five in the freezer for another day. I'll chalk that one up as a success, next up a waffle iron!

No comments:

Post a Comment