Live your life with an appreciation of coincidences and you connect with the field of infinite possibilities. Chopra.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My cousin Deena and a fun night out.





It sounds as strange to me as I'm sure it does to you but on Saturday night I met my cousin Deena for the very first time.  We had lived fairly close to each other for most of our lives but due to family circumstances our paths had never crossed.  A couple of months ago we connected through the magic of Facebook and when she invited my sister Julie and I to an event her husband was promoting we gathered some friends and jumped at the chance to meet her.

Julie and her husband, who we don't see enough of went, an old friend of mine from high school Kristi came along with her fiance, Janet and Vanessa were there and Wayne and his wife Andrea came also, along with a couple of other friends. 

The photo of the four of us (Joe, myself, Andrea and Wayne) is interesting for several reasons.  I have known Joe and Wayne for almost 30 years.  Wayne went to middle school with me and Joe worked at the local Roller Gardens, a place where I spent a lot of time in my teens. Saturday night was the first night I also met Wayne's wife Andrea.  The interesting thing about meeting Deena and Andrea for the first time is that they had known each other for many years also having gone to school together since they were kids.  Small world.  

It was a very fun night and hopefully it won't be the last time I see Deena, or Andrea for that matter.  I have to thank Deena for sending me these photos.  I wish I had remembered the camera to take some photos of our other friends who came also.  I guess there's always next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment