Live your life with an appreciation of coincidences and you connect with the field of infinite possibilities. Chopra.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Saturday morning cinnamon buns.


My 15 year old and I have a little tradition of having cinnamon buns and coffee on the Saturday mornings he is here instead of his Dad's.  Usually I buy the canned kind, but decided this week I would try something new and made my own from scratch.  

I had planned on starting the cinnamon buns the night before and actually did have things running according to plan.  My boys had been playing out in the snow that night (see previous post) and had left the garage door open.  I would have figured it out as I always check to make sure they are shut before locking the door into the garage, but a neighbour was a bit worried we'ld forgotten about it and called me to let me know.  She called at about 10:45 and before you knew it, it was 11:30 and I still had to make the filling and roll the buns. 

The cinnamon buns themselves turned out wonderfully, but both J. and I decided that we would try a different icing next time.  He isn't a fan of cream cheese icing, which is kind of funny as he probably eats at least six bagels with cream cheese during any given week.  I can take it or leave it and will happily try another kind next time we make them.  Hopefully I can find a really quick and easy version so that I can freeze the cinnamon buns in smaller portions and whip up a bit of icing whenever we decide to defrost a few.


No comments:

Post a Comment