Live your life with an appreciation of coincidences and you connect with the field of infinite possibilities. Chopra.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

This is the reason.

I have been scrapbooking since before  A., my now 11 year old was born.  I have always been into photography and playing with paper and when I was first introduced to scrapbooking when J. was about 2 I knew I had found my perfect hobby.  It isn't a cheap hobby and I will be the  first to admit that I have spent a lot of money and even more time over the past 13 years on it, but the above photo proves that it has all been more than worthwhile.  

Last night when A. was in the tub the subject of baby photos came up.  J. happened to be in the room also and asked if I would pull out his baby scrapbook.  We ended up in there for over an hour, A. hanging over the side of the tub and both of them laughing and discussing old memories as we looked through 5 or 6 scrapbooks of them over the years.  

Today A. asked first if I had any photos of his cat Patrick as a kitten and after he looked through the little scrapbook I have of my favourite pet photos, he asked if he'ld seen all of his. The album he's looking through in the above photo is all of the layouts of him for the past 3 or 4 years.

I will admit that I haven't felt much like scrapping since my marriage fell apart but seeing how much the boys loved looking through their books last night has renewed my interest.  Luckily, it just happens to be March Break and tradition has it that we will get together at least once with my friend Janet and some other ladies.  The kids will all play while the ladies scrapbook and everyone always has a great time.  

I ordered some new photos today, getting to Blacks right at closing to pick them up and can't wait to create some new pages this week.  Tonight I'm going to spend some time putting together my supplies and I have to admit, I'm pretty excited about getting back into the hobby I loved so much.  Hopefully i'll have at least a couple new pages to share later this week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment