Live your life with an appreciation of coincidences and you connect with the field of infinite possibilities. Chopra.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

This and That





It's been one of those weeks.  The weather has been beautiful.  The school year is winding down.  Lots of places to go and things to do and decisions to make.  In between it all I made sure the boys knew how much they are loved, obviously I do this all the time, this week they needed  a little extra love. I also took the time to take care of myself and though I threw in a few extra work outs I also booked a pedicure to remind myself to slow down.

A few iPhone photos to share.

The first was taken at Pier 4 park in Hamilton.  Lake Ontario isn't the cleanest of lakes and I was kind of surprised to see a woman doing laps as the sun went down.  

The second was taken as my running partner and I ran further up a local trail than I had ever been before.  The trail goes up the escarpment and has some beautiful views.   Just after we started our run I decided to step up on a rock so I could get a better view.  After looking I was talking to my running partner and stepped back without turning around and caught my foot on a tree stump and started to fall backwards.  My phone was in a pocket at the base of my spine on my running tank and I didn't want to fall on it, so I twisted sideways and landed on my elbow, scraping my shin on the tree as I fell.  Very graceful and quite funny.  My poor running partner was very concerned of course, but I knew by the look on his face that he really wanted to laugh.  I told him it was okay... I'm sure I looked hilarious.  I didn't let it stop me however and we continued on that day to do 8.5 k and 600 stairs.  

The third photo shows the prettiest injury.  It looked worse than it was and in fact was even prettier the next day.  It's healing nicely and I should be able to wear shorts/capris without answering a few questions soon.

The last photo is the funniest.  I had booked a pedicure and when discussing nail colours with people I was surprised by the number of people who were against going with black.  I did it anyways and in fact the girl who did it said that 50-60% of her clients are going with black these days.  I love it.  Sorry for the photo of my toes...remember I am a runner and... they are never going to be pretty!

The next few weeks are going to be crazy.  I have decided the time is right to sell the house.  We've been here for almost 13 years and though we did upgrade the kitchen and all the counters a few years ago in anticipation of a move that never happened, there is still a bit of decluttering and so on I need to do to get it ready to sell.  


No comments:

Post a Comment