Live your life with an appreciation of coincidences and you connect with the field of infinite possibilities. Chopra.

Monday, May 24, 2010

What a weekend!





This was a long weekend in Canada, known as May 2-4 to some, May long to others.  To my boys it's a chance to enjoy an extra day off of school, to some it's the start of the gardening season and to me it is pretty much the start of summer.  

It certainly felt that way this weekend.  We've had some cold May 2-4s before.  We have even had snow.  This year we got really lucky and other than a bit of rain on Saturday we had fantastic weather and we certainly made the most of it!

The boy's dad had bought Canada's Wonderland season passes for us all again this year and though the boys had already been on opening day they were pretty excited to go again this weekend once I told them my friend Janice and her two kids would be there.    I had to get my photo taken for my pass and when we got there the line was at least an hour long.  The boys had already stood in this line the week before so I sent them into the park to meet up with Janice and I waited by myself.  I had some cute teens to chat with and about four different text conversations going the entire time so the wait wasn't that bad.

Soon enough I joined them in the park and we had a very fun day.  A. got along really well with Janice's son which was kind of funny since Janice and I have knows each other for practically their whole lives and had never thought of getting them together before.  They were inseparable all day and even stood in some hour long line ups by themselves.   We all, except for Josh, went on the Behemoth (top photo).  I'm happy to be able to say I did it, but I am pretty sure I won't be doing it again.  

It was a long, fun, day in the sun and we are definitely going to plan another get together there soon.

Today I went for a run with my friend Colin while his wife Lesley did the same route walking (she's a race walker).  Afterwards I got a call that what I thought was going to be a dinner BBQ had turned into a late lunch BBQ so I had a quick shower and we headed to my parents.

It was a beautiful afternoon and it was so nice to spend it with my sister and her husband, my parents and my boys.  We had sausages and hot dogs and sat around and talked under the shade of a tree.  It was the perfect way to spend a holiday Monday afternoon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment