Live your life with an appreciation of coincidences and you connect with the field of infinite possibilities. Chopra.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Another lazy day and a silly self portrait.

I am not sure if I ever mentioned before exactly how much I hate getting my photo taken.  Who knows why, maybe it's a life time of hearing my mom insist she looks horrible in photos, maybe it's a holdover to when a certain person used to mock my smile, maybe it's something everyone experiences but they don't take it to the same level I do.  All I know is it has gotten so bad I don't think I can even smile naturally anymore when someone has a camera pointed at me.

I have decided it is something I need to get over however and have been taking a series of silly photos in the bathroom mirror with my iPhone to try and get a more natural smile  I caught this one yesterday.  Normally I would have the camera pointed at me but it wasn't working so I turned the camera towards the mirror and this fuzzy image is the end result.  

The boys and I had a pretty lazy day yesterday.  After a very late start we headed to Burlington to our favourite Gamer Doc location.  A. was thrilled to see they had the new Lego Harry Potter but they only had it for the xBox 360 which presented a little problem because Josh only had one HDMI cable for his tv and hated changing it back and forth.  After a little arguing the manager found an HDMI cable in his drawer and gave it to the boys.  This isn't the first time Marlon has done a favour for the boys and even though it is a bit of a drive, the friendly service that goes above and beyond the call of duty is what keeps us going back. 

I let Josh pick dinner last night and even though it was "hotter than the surface of the sun" out, he chose lasagna.  Thank goodness for air conditioning so having the oven on for an hour wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Today looks as though it is going to be a repeat of yesterday.  It's just too hot to do anything but maybe lay by the pool.  The boys are going out with their dad later so they are content to hang around here this afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment