Live your life with an appreciation of coincidences and you connect with the field of infinite possibilities. Chopra.

Friday, August 6, 2010

A perfect summer day.




Yesterday was one of those amazing summer days that we dream about all winter.  The sun was shining, the wind was blowing softly and it seemed to stretch on forever.

I started the day early with a boot camp session and then spent a few hours in the afternoon enjoying the sun while reading in the backyard.  The kids went in and out of the house and at one point A. laid down next to me and we chatted about this and that for a pleasant hour or so. Josh was busy downstairs planning our next car purchase (we aren't looking for a new car) and Sadie chilled under a tree.  A much needed relaxing afternoon.

The boys wanted to go to the mall and we had an interesting encounter with a truck driver on they way home.  The whole story is on facebook if you are interested.  Luckily it ended without damage to us or the vehicle and we made it home in one piece.  Scary though.

When we got home I made the kid's dinner, chicken and fries for Mr. Picky and a chicken stir fry for Josh and I.  I put mine in the fridge for later though as I had a run planned with my friend Colin and I prefer to eat afterwards.  We met at the Beach Strip again and took it slow due to the heat and the fact I had already done an hour of boot camp that day.  

All the above photos were taken with my phone.  I took the top one after our run, it was a beautiful night and I love the hint of colour.  The second and third photos were taken from my beach towel in the backyard.  Sadie was perfectly content to lay there for a very long time since I was outside also and I love how the clouds look like they are holding up the sun in the third. 

Tonight I will be playing with my real camera as a friend of mine has asked me to take some soccer photos.  I haven't really used my 70-200 f4 L in quite a while and I'm looking forward to it.  Hopefully i'll have some good ones to share over the weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment