Live your life with an appreciation of coincidences and you connect with the field of infinite possibilities. Chopra.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday Ramblings, the October 4th edition.




I know I promised to post some photos last Tuesday but as we all know, life can get in the way sometimes.  

I had a pretty interesting week that started on Tuesday with a torrential rainstorm that resulted in a roof leak that involved a rather wet attic and water coming through a pot light in my hallway and also visible water damage on my living room ceiling, 15 feet away. Insurance adjusters, repairmen and lots of phone calls later and things are just now starting to happen as far as getting it all cleaned up.

On Tuesday night however we had roofers here who spent several hours hammering blue tarps to our roof in case it rained again before the roof was fixed.  It did rain this weekend and thankfully they did their job.  Poor Josh was mortified at the thought of the tarps on his house and was pretty worried about what the neighbours would think, he's a funny one.  He's fine with it now and has actually enjoyed telling the story to his friends.  

I had to skip boot camp Tuesday night and only managed to run once the whole week which is really odd for me.  Friday at boot camp we didn't do a great deal of cardio though Brian was feeling feisty and pushed us pretty hard in other ways.  I was feeling my muscles all day Saturday.  I made sure to fit a run in yesterday morning though and it felt great. 

Saturday my friend Janet invited me to go along with her, her daughter and three of her daughter's friends on a 13th birthday trip to Toronto.  Everyone had a great time as we started with some shopping at the Eaton's Centre, had a little adventure in the underground shopping area known as the P.A.T.H. that runs under the streets of Toronto and finally made it out of breath and just a little late to the restaurant where Janet had made reservations.  

Janet was using the GPS function in the maps app on her iPhone but we still had to stop and ask for directions a couple of times, which turned out not to be the best idea.  We were misdirected several times and had to laugh at one construction worker who insisted we were not on the street we knew we were.  

After a great dinner (pear arugula salad and butternut squash ravioli with a tomato cream sauce with goat cheese and pine nuts for me, yum!) we headed to the CN Tower where we went all the way up to the Skypod, the view at night was spectacular and after we took the time to watch the 3D movie while we were there.  

The photos explained.  The first one was taken at the 3D movie, we were the only ones in the little theatre so the girls had fun moving around, dancing on occasion and I couldn't resist taking this shot of them all with their feet in the air.  The second and third were taken from the skypod level of the CN Tower... I can't remember exactly but I think it is over 140 stories high.  


No comments:

Post a Comment