Live your life with an appreciation of coincidences and you connect with the field of infinite possibilities. Chopra.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Things I've learned over the past 5 days.

The following list is purely random notes, not to be taken too seriously, you've been warned.

-I don't like to accept help from others and hate to admit I'm less than capable of doing things (yes that was me taking out the garbage the morning after my surgery)

-when I'm sick or hurting, for the most part I just want to be left alone

-my 15 year old is, besides being a typical 15 year old, a sweetheart who took very good care of me for two days until I shipped him to his dad's so I could have some peace and quiet.

-my friends are worth their weight in gold.  

-the worst part of being down for the count was my wifi was hit and miss... but then it did motivate me to move up and down the stairs which I probably would not have done otherwise.

-it's amazing how irritating surgical band aids can get after a few days.  I just may have pulled a couple off, exposing the steri strips underneath.

-sneezing, even 5 days post operation, hurts... a lot.

-it's incredible how long it is taking to regain my appetite... this is a surprise

-being told NOT to exercise is killing me, even though I really don't feel like it.

-even though i've been able to shower since the next day, being told no baths until healed is even worse than being told no exercise.

-yoga pants feel really good against my tummy.  

-jeans do not

and last but not least...

-getting my gall bladder out and the recovery is really a piece of cake compared to an attack, so if anyone is on the fence about it... just do it!  Trust me!


No comments:

Post a Comment