Live your life with an appreciation of coincidences and you connect with the field of infinite possibilities. Chopra.

Friday, December 10, 2010

This and that.


Wow, where did the week go?  It's just going to get crazier over the next two weeks so while this post will be a this and that post it will also serve as my reminder to slow down and enjoy the season.

So what's been going on?  Here goes!!!

-One of the things A. got for his 12th birthday was this Harry Potter Hogwarts Lego game that he's been after for a while.   A very cool aspect of the games is that you need to build them first.  A. spent about an hour building it and then the real fun began.  We have honestly spent hours this week playing, it's really that fun!  

-Josh went to his first dance since he was in 6th grade last week.  It was the Christmas Formal and it was so nice to see him dressed in a suit, he looked so handsome!  It's something that hasn't happened since his 8th grade grad.  He was a little nervous and didn't want me take his photo before the dance but I did get a shot afterwards that I posted on Facebook.  I knew some of his friends would have cameras and sure enough he was tagged in quite a few photos after the dance.  I'm trying to convince him to let me print a few for a scrapbook page.  I'll let you know how that goes.

-We still have tarps on our roof.  I had the last company here to give us a quote today.  Not the most professional people so I don't know how much confidence I have in them.  

-I just got back from taking my new 12 year old to open his first bank account.  I'm not sure if he's more excited about having a bank account, or having a debit card with a rainbow on it that is all his, or the fact he got the coolest hockey tin complete with lock with some fun stuff inside like a hockey puck keychain, just for opening the account. 

-I think I could live on smoothies with an occasional carb on the side once in a while.  I love them that much.  A sweet something now and again would be necessary also and on that note....

-one of my favourite blogs is www.giverslog.com.  It's a fabulous, inspiring and happy place to spend a little time every once in a while.  The woman who runs it is a very sweet, giving and talented person who has a new venture and was calling for testers to taste some sample sets...and she picked me!  

-it's a dads weekend this weekend which would normally mean that the boys would be going to their dad's in Toronto for the weekend leaving tonight.  This weekend they aren't leaving until tomorrow as they are going skating with a local dad and his kids tomorrow.  I plan on spending the weekend baking and being crafty and can't wait to get started.  

-on the subject of being crafty, those of you who are scrappers probably know of Emily Falconbridge.  Her blog is www.embers.typepad.com .  She's also well known for being extremely creative in so many ways.  She was one of the first to sell beautiful camera straps on Etsy and in fact I bought my friend Janet one several years ago from her.  Anyways, she and a friend are offering a little homemade craft course online and I decided for fun to sign up.  Have I mentioned I'm really looking forward to being crafty this weekend?

I think that's it for now but I promise i'll be back sooner than later.  We will be doing our own little version of the 12 days of Christmas around here and I can't wait to share pics of some of our adventures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment